Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Settling in!

This week started off with something familiar, Vivi's swim class! I was able to grab some better pictures for you all...no action ones, but Peanut in her swim diaper is pretty darn cute! She was too busy watching all of the other little ones to pay attention to me taking a photo.

After, we hit up Austin Java for a little smoothie...our little foodie is obsessed with smoothies! Not sure if it's because I drank them all the time while pregnant, but she is a junkie. At this particular smoothie session, Vivi discovered her "voice". Every time she would take a sip and I would pull the delectable treat away, she would quickly let out a high pitched squeal. Oh this little girl!


Today I had scheduled a babysitter to come and watch V while I tackled the closet. Jonathan had managed to unpack before I arrived, but my clothes had been in the boxes for the past two weeks. So, I called Andrea's favorite babysitter for a little "home test" so I could get my clothes and shoes out in the open. Two hours later, my shoes were in their new home and Vivi had made a new friend. But, I think this mama needs a couple more test runs before a true date night with the hubby...maybe it's a new mom thing, but leaving her with someone I don't know comes with some anxiety for me! Any words of advice from other moms out there?


Later in the afternoon, we walked down to Jo's for what has become a bit of an afternoon ritual. By 3:00pm we usually need some fresh air, a change of scenery and I usually need a bit of caffeine. Today, instead of walking with my coffee, we stayed put on the cafe patio. While I enjoyed an iced latte, Vivi enjoyed some people and bird watching.

The birds in Austin are true pests, always waiting for a turned head in order to swoop in and steal a bit of food. Today I passed on the spray bottles, labeled "Bird-be-Gone", so that Vivi could happily study the birds continually walking by the stroller. (Don't worry they weren't coming too close.) She was able to see a bit more action when an employee came out and used the "Bird-be-Gone", sending the birds to the branches above. Who knew birds could hold a little one's attention for so long?

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, *gasp* your closet! Love this curious, smoothie-drinkin' girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this closet is a dream! I have to enjoy it before going back to my 1920's size closet...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the pics. So sweet GG sends lots of smooches and hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete