Friday, February 8, 2013

Barre3

So, I should probably be cleaning the condo, but I had to do a quick post about my new favorite place in Austin, Barre3. I was lucky enough to be turned on to Barre classes back in East Lansing (thanks Trista!!) but took a little hiatus towards the end of my pregnancy until now...and man have I missed it!

I had been driving by the studio for a couple of weeks now and I finally checked out Barre3 online. The studio looked beautiful and clean, and then I noticed they have the Play Lounge for little ones. After finding this out I decided to walk down and check the place out (it is only a short walk from the condo).

As soon as I walked in I was happily greeted and so was V. I instantly felt welcomed from the staff and  clients, everyone was so friendly! The Play Lounge looked like great fun for V and I knew I would feel comfortable leaving her there while I was in a class. So, I signed up!

This morning was my first class and V's first date with the Play Lounge. We walked over on this beautiful sunny morning and were once again greeted with a smile. I can honestly say I love the staff here, I was even able to meet the owner and she was wonderful.

Being able to drop V off for an hour and dedicate some time to myself was a real treat. I always find a class to be the perfect amount of a workout and relaxation. Today was no different, I walked out feeling lighter and tighter, thank you Sarah for an excellent class!

Below are a couple pictures of Miss Vivi. She jumped right in and was helping at the front desk when I went in to the class, and at the end I found her happily playing in the lounge. Thank you to Meredith and Mary for taking such good care of her!




On our way back, I took a detour by Whole Foods for coffee and breakfast. I have always enjoyed my one-on-one time with V during the days, but lately I love when we can sit enjoy a little snack (and I can enjoy a coffee) and just be. Sometimes she is in her own little world people watching and talking away while I take advantage and check email or Facebook, and other times we hold our own little conversations and enjoy some laughter together. It's our time to kick back and spend some extra quality time together. I love it and her little scrunched nose!


Sorry for no pictures of the actual class, but you can view some great ones on the Barre3 Downtown Austin Facebook page

My parents get in tonight from Detroit, so it might be a few days before another post, but I can promise it will be filled with goodness! (I am going to drag my mom over for her first barre class, so I am sure that will be included in a post!)

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear all about your weekend with the folks.

    ReplyDelete