Tuesday, March 5, 2013

V's Bubble Circus

I was finally able to put the finishing touch on V's room last week! The bubbles on the wall proved to be a bit daunting, but once complete, the time was well worth the results!

I thought about bringing down the decor from V's room in Michigan, but it would have been more items to pack and this gave me an excuse to decorate a whole other room for her...oh darn!

Since her room back home has a limited color palette and is a bit more "sophisticated", I decided to go with a lot of bright and fun colors down here. I wasn't intending to do a circus theme, everything just fell in to place once J and I found the big top canopy at Ikea for $10.

We also had to be creative, V's room is a shared space with visitors...some form of privacy was a must! Toys needed to be stored without looking messy and her stuffed friends needed to be easily accessible. Thankfully Ikea came through, again, with the shelving unit.

The rocker and pouf did find their way down from MI...I need my comfort at 4am!

The woodblock printed animal pillows I had been eyeing on Etsy and the wall decals were bought from two other Etsy sellers. The lion poster print came from a great little online shop, The Pippa and Ike Show










Let us introduce you to V's squishy friends!




And a look at V's (much missed) room in Michigan:




No comments:

Post a Comment